CR-1 Spousal Visa Req's In-depth     indepth_Visa_us_visa_greencard

CR-1 Spousal visa Requirements In-depth

Spousal Visa Top FAQ

USA Visa

Why a CR1 Spousal Us Visa

A CR1 Spousal are for those that have a spouse overseas that they want to bring back to the USA and have been married for less than two years. They are considered immigrant visas which only have a conditional restriction on the Green Card but allow your spouse to work in the USA. Just before your two year renewal of your Green card you will have to file file for removal of conditions which we can help you with  Fiance Visa Requirements  -  Spousal Visa Requirements . 


Visa Application

CR1 Fiance Visa Application

Get your application started today with a Guest Account at Forms process today

Citizenship and Immigration

Get your loved one to become a US Citizen ?

The process Journey begins with your Visa, which is the pathway to a green card and US Citizenship Sign-up for free membership Guest Account then pick which petition you are wanting to file

The petitioner of a Cr-1 visa must be

     Age 18 and US citizen: Green card holders eligible for a spousal visa CR1

Be Legally Married to Your Spouse

     You as the US petitioner have to been legally married. The marriage must be genuine according to the act of law by the government that the marriage is sanctioned under. If previously married you, your spouse  or both will have to have to submit prove that the previous marriage or marriages have been legally terminated by divorce, death or an annulment. You will have to provide the legal documents in each case of divorce, death or annulment. Couple have to prove that they have met in person as proxy marriage are rarely granted. 

Petitioners Financial ability:

     In a CR-1 Visa sponsor ship you have to provide prove that you can financially support your new wife and/or child. To pass this requirement immigration uses each states poverty level that your income must be above to sustain your fiancé and sponsored children. You provide prove of your income over three years by way of income tax statements and pay stubs that you have filed or received. See income requirements here. For those who do not have income above this level from the previous years income or don't have current employment can provide additional proof off assets such as Real-estate Holdings, Stocks, Bonds. A percentage of those holdings will be considered. See link for current income level require by state. You can also get a co sponsor with more income say a family member or dear friend that is willing to cosponsor or be responsible financially for the individual under a green card.

IMBRA Requirement

     Is a us government law IMBR (International Marriage Broker Regulation Act of 2005) The IMBRA law requires k1 visa applicants to disclose on their application how they meet their fiancé if through a marriage broker specified under the IMBRA act. See details of IMBRA put wiki here . Make sure that you put down the circumstances that you meet as you are signing under the penalties of perjury when you sign your forms. Please read the IMBRA.     You are required to disclose if you have been convicted of a crime. Such as but not limited to domestic violence, assault, sexual assault, child abuse and neglect, dating violence, stalking, rape, abusive sexual contact, sexual exploitation, incest, torture, trafficking, homicide, murder, manslaughter, holding hostage, involuntary servitude, slave trade, kidnapping, elder abuse, abduction, elder abuse, unlawful criminal restraint, and false imprisonment. Info about IMBRA


     Takes about 7-10 working days to deliver your Visa by way of courier, a US visa stamp/sticker will be placed on your passport. It will come in a yellow manila envelope inside will be your visa and another sealed manila envelope. DO NOT OPEN the sealed manila envelope inside your packet it has to stay sealed when you present to the immigration at your US (POE) Port of Entry, they will open it up and use the documents inside to process you. Your visa is good for 6 months your fiancé can travel anytime with in the 6 months arriving before the visa expires in the POE. They will then have 90 days to legally marry or will have to leave the country.

Legal Declaimer: We are not licensed attorneys, and we do not provide any legal advice and/or legal services in any way as part as our service. Any information contained here, on our website or provided to our clients in any way is not intended as legal advice and/or services and is provided for general information only. Legal advice and questions on legal circumstances should be addressed to a licensed attorney if you have them. 


Start your Petition FREE with

Quick-Form ™

K-1 Fiance Visa Cr-1 Spousal & All others

Click for Free Membership

Get a Free Starter Kit